The latest issue of Gameinformer came with an in-depth look at Halo Reach.
There’s alot of garbage in the article as you might expect so here is the rundown on the more important points:
- up to six times the amount of Spartans on field at any given time
- Prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved
- Will NOT follow the story set in the book, Fall of Reach
- Large scales battles are the focus in reach, with Halo 3 capable of having up to 20 AI on the field at a time while Halo Reach will be capable of having 40 AI and 20 vehicles at a time
- The darkest Halo storyline yet
- More cinematic cutscenes,having almost a war journalism feel with up close shaky camera’s.
- you play as Lone Wolf,who you can customise to a small extent, part of a 6 man Spartan team called Noble Team.
- All members are Spartan III’s, except for Jorge who is a Spartan II, and as such is bigger than his team-mates.
- Other members are: Emile239, Jun266,Carter259 and Kat 230.
- Armour abilities will be replacing equipment.
- 4 player co-op campaign mode, 2 player split-screen mode and 16 player deathmatch have been confirmed.
- Covenent no longer speak english and are returning to there original, more fearsome look.
- Elites are back, bigger and deadlier than ever.
- A new enemy has been revealed, the “skirmisher” attacks in packs and out flanks players and captures positions.
- players can now sprint, pull off assassination kills with a knife and use stealth.
- civilian vehicles can now be driven.
- New weapons are introduced,such as a Marksman style rifle which sits in between a sniper rifle and an assualt rife.
- Needler Rifle will be in-game, a mid range weapon.
- Flame and Spike grenades are gone with only Plasma and Frag grenades usuable.
- Gun sounds are now going to be more realistic.
- The health bar returns, which depletes after your shields go down.
- Bungie talk about a huge leap in tech for the Halo series,allowing them to do more in the game.
- Updated graphics from the rather poor Halo 3.
So ther you have it, that is all the important details for Halo Reach which looks like it could bring back a series that s in need of change.