1. There was a jetpack in that one Bond film and an awesome Jetpack in GTA:SA; Why is that your gamertag? Is it your real name? I bet it isn’t.
Unfortunatly no, my name isn’t Jetpack – curse my parents! I did actually get it from playing San Andreas. I played on that thing for hours and hours, and when I was picking a new tag, it came to mind. ‘Jetpack’ itself was taken, though.
2. Now I’m going to ask you a bunch of questions and I want you to answer honestly; What are you doing currently (not right this minute, life in general)?
At the moment I work in the family business (No, im not in the Mafia) doing mainly computer stuff. Im waiting to start a new college course at the end of the year, and I also do some news writing for Game Attic. Check out my sig. We sometimes give away sweets in vans.
3. Name your top 3 albums in the universe (you can’t have ‘Paul’s Boutique’ by the Beastie’s, that’s mine!).
Powerslave by Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin, and Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.
4. What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
I know what I should say, but im gonna say winning Battle of the Bands in high school. We successfully pulled off a Van Halen song, without wearing spandex.
5. Roughly how much do you think you’ve spent on gaming in your life (seriously, work it out, it’s depressing)?
It must be about £5000. Which, is actually probably not as much as some others, but for me as a semi-hardcore gamer is pretty bad. Its hard to say, really. I do rent many games now, so I don’t spend a massive amount on the software anymore.
6. In your opinion; What is the bestest Pokemon evar?
You know what, I never got into Pokemon. So I couldn’t tell ya.
7. Do you have any other passions aside from gaming?
I love music and I also love aircraft – yes I hear those crys of NERDDDDD right now. I’m hoping to get my Private Pilots License at somepoint. Im also a drummer, and have been in a few bands over the years.
8. I think social networking is pretty evil; Do you go for all that Facebook/Myspace malarky or do you think Microsoft should be working on more stable consoles rather than adding this kind of thing to the 360?
You know what, I think its fine. People complain about these non gaming features embedded in gaming consoles these days, but I think it just adds to the experience. If you don’t use them fine, if you do, even better. We as people are much more connected than we ever were before, so its not surprising to see things that in the past only offered one thing, now integrated into many more services.
9. Have you bought anything for your Avatar, if not, why?
Only one thing so far. A Christmas hat. I’ve been given a few codes though, for t-shirts and whatever. Im not against it or anything but I’d rather plow my money into a game or even a movie.
10. NATAL will be with us soon enough; Are you at all interested or do you think it’s flawed from the start?
I think it has potential. Same as the other motion device that’s being shown off too. If the developers do innovative stuff with the thing, and Microsoft don’t integrate or push it into every game they have, then it will be fine. I don’t think it will be the new Wii or push people over from Wii to 360, but I’m sure it will do well with current Xbox 360 users and add to the experience.
11. Who’s the best James Bond, Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes?
James Bond. Although Holmes has a killer pipe.
12. Any amazing advice that could help anyone that reads this interview?
Yes. If you reach the 1982 level in Time Pilot (available on XBLA, folks) The trick is to head up and right, and just shoot for dear life. The jets on this level are very fast and shoot quickly, but if your smart, its easily beaten. That is all.
13. What is that thing on your “thing”???!
Watch Embarrassing Bodies on Channel 4. You may find out.
Thanks for participating in Wolf’s interviews!