Lord of the Rings has been begging for an RPG for the longest of times, and Warin the North is set to deliver all the RPG action that you could ask for.
War for the North is set during the events in the books & films, but instead of focusing on these already well known events it allows you to experience what was happening in the North and the battles that were fought, though it will be touching upon the film and book events though it is not known how heavily.
Heavy emphasise is place on players creating their own Fellowship thanks to the 3 player co-op (and 2 players in Split Screen).
They’re also proud to proclaim that LOTR: War in the North is the first M rated Lord of the Rings game promising brutal combat mixed with the usual levelling up, though large amounts of customisation have been promised as you’ll also be able to choose from Elf, Human or Dwarf as your character.
(the following is from the Press Release)
* Create your own Fellowship ‐ Together, players and their friends will experience an epic, story‐based adventure through vast Middle‐earth to experience storylines and characters going beyond what has been seen in the feature films and previous games.
* Play as a team or perish! ‐ Social play is redefined through groundbreaking online, interdependent co‐op gameplay which enables three different gamers to play as a complementary group where individual skills enhance the success of each team member.
* Brutal Gameplay ‐ The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is the first M‐rated The Lord of the Rings game on the market, authentically derived from The Lord of the Rings lore and delivering on action RPG principles.
* Intricate Character Customization from RPG Powerhouse – Players choose from three playable races: Human, Elf or Dwarf. Extensive customization allows for meaningful and rewarding RPG gameplay including established loot and reward systems. Snowblind’s history and credibility as an action/RPG gameplay studio makes them the perfect choice for creating an epic LOTR RPG.
* Original Social Storyline ‐ Players will experience an original storyline created especially for the social, collaborative three‐player experience established within J.R.R. Tolkien’s lore and approved by the J.R.R. Tolkien estate
* Challenge Missions ‐ Special missions consist of defensive positioning and group raids for up to 3 players, built especially for co‐op challenges and not tied to the story.