Those lovely people over at Turtle Beach have just announced that they’ll be bringing a new headset to the market later this year, promising an “attractive and affordable package no gamer can pass up.”
Cleverly called the Ear Force X12 it’s a direct follow up the best selling headset of all time: the Ear Force X11.
“As the record breaking sales of the X1 and X11 have already shown, avid gamers are serious about audio and will seek out equipment that will enhance their experience and skills.” says Michael Arzt, VP of Marketing and Sales for Turtle Beach. “Turtle Beach strives to support serious gamers of all levels by constantly refining and improving even our best-selling products and the new X12 represents this commitment to audio quality and high performance while still retaining the unmatched value that the X-series is known for.”
“The Turtle Beach X11 has been the best selling product in its category for over a year ” said Craig Morrow Media Manager for Lygo International, “Now the X12 does the unthinkable of taking a proven product and making it even better. It will become the new standard for headsets in its price range”.
The headset specifications are as follows:
· Amplified stereo audio for crisp highs and deep lows
· Premium 50mm speakers for highest fidelity sound
· Variable Bass Boost adds depth and realism to the game audio
· In-line amplifier that allows for independent control of chat, bass and game volume
· Microphone Monitoring so you never have to raise your voice to hear yourself
· Completely powered by USB so you will never need replacement batteries
· Lightweight design with breathable, fabric mesh ear cushions for enhanced comfort
· Fully-compatible with the DSS 7.1 Surround Sound Processor
It’s due to be released later this year, around Autumn and will cost £59.95, or $59.95 for you odd people that live over the pond.