In case you hadn’t read the rather lengthy review, presumably because you’re already lost in a dungeon somewhere in Skyrim, then you should know that Skyrim is truly, truly amazing. Still, it has numerous bugs, glitches and quirks that could really do with some magic, or, failing that, a patch.
Well, Bethesda have been hard at working creating just such a patch, cunningly called the 1.2 update. This update will be rolling out for the Xbox 360 version of the game on Wensday November 20th, as will the PC version. Our gaming cousins, brothers and sisters over on PS3 already have the update. Bastards.
Here’s the full list of fixes and tweaks:
- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
Interestingly, some people have been reporting over on the PS3 that some glitches in the Guilds have also been fixed, despite not being mentioned in the patch details released by Bethesda, so keep your fingers crossed.
And Bethesda have also said that they’ll be keeping an eye on the forums for people posting about any more problems so that they can get them fixed, so if you do encounter some glitches post them up on the official forums, which you can find HERE.