Infinity Ward have decided to reveal exactly what all of their previous patches and hotfixes actually did, as well as what they’re talking about tweaking and changing in the future. So without further inane babbling, here’s the list:
• TU1: Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.
• TU2: Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.
• TU3: Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.
• TU4: Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.
• TU5: Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.
• TU6: Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat loss when player loses connection from server (internet pull / drop).
Hot Fix Updates (Released 12/12/11):
• No Recoil glitch
• Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
• Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
• Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies
• Fire rate normalization for Assault Rifles with undermounts
• FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
• Akimbo FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
• Type95 Re-balancing (Nerf) – Reduce hipspread.
• Fix for ACR with Red Dot / Shotgun
• Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it.
• Fix map exploits on Dome
Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development and/or Discussion:
• Updates to the Spawn system
• Further “lag compensation” or “host advantage / disadvantage” updates plus ability for on-going hot fixes based on feedback.
• Improvement to PS3 Mic Quality.
• Improvements to “weighted matchmaking” to improve games for regions with low populations.
• Fix for Shotgun’s with Extended Mags (Prevents them from shooting more pellets than intended)
• Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
• Options to allow System Link players to ‘unlock all’ for competitive play in System Link only.