NeverDead hasn’t been with us that long, but Konami have already announced that the games first DLC pack, imaginatively titled Expansion Pack Volume 1, will be released on February 21st, containing a new playable character, three new challenges and two new costumes, all for the online component of the game. Sorry, singleplayer fans, but it seems you’re out of luck for now.
So what exactly are you getting? Well, according to the Press Release, this:
• New Character: Play as the fashionable, charismatic pop-idol, Nikki Summerfield in cooperative challenges with your friends through online multiplayer.
• Three New Gameplay Challenges – Revisit an expanded Asylum level with 3 all-new challenges:
– Egg Hunt: Scour the expanded Asylum level for collectables scoring points by delivering them to designated “Score Zones.” Make sure to hold on tight to your collectibles as opponents can snatch any that you drop along the way. With enemy ambush points and environmental hazards at every turn, this challenge is tricky!
– Fragile Alliance: A competitive race through a number of checkpoints spread across the map. You can interrupt other player’s progress by attacking each other. The increase of environmental hazards and enemy spawn points will keep you on your toes.
– Onslaught: Unlock the entire Asylum level section-by-section by defeating all enemies.. Demon-seals that block off areas will dissipate as you defeat enemies from the previous area, providing more-controlled player movement and encounters.
• Two Additional Character Costumes: Dress Bryce up in these new costumes before going back into the online fray.
No pricing details have been mentioned for the pack thus far, but we’ll keep you updated. But while you’re waiting, feel free to check out our review of the game.