Let’s face it , singleplayer DLC is something of a dying beast, having been largely replaced by oodles of multiplayer map packs and other such things that can be produced in record time and sold for utterly insane prices, leaving all of us singleplayer lovers scratching our heads and wondering what the hell just happened.
But now Batman: Arkham City, the Caped Crusader simulator, might be getting a new singleplayer mini-campaign that seemingly revolves around Harley Quinn and will let gamers take on the role of Robin. This news comes courtesy of PS3Trophies.org who have just recently added in a whole new batch of trophies to Batman: Arkham City under the title “Harley Quinn DLC”, all of which seem to indicate a singleplayer adventure rather than a series of challenge maps.
The Trophies are as follows:
- Lost Property [Bronze] – No crimefighter should be without this
- Breaking and Entering [Bronze] – Find a way into the secret base
- How’s It Hanging? [Silver] – Clean up the Dry Docks
- The Last Laugh [Silver] – The joke’s on who?
- Frequent Flyer [Bronze] – Zip Kick 3 different thugs
- Battering Ram [Bronze] – Shield Bash 5 different thugs
- Snap To It [Bronze] – Snap Flash an unarmed thug, an armed thug, an environmental object and a Titan
- Bomb Squad [Bronze] – Defuse all bombs in 3 minutes or less
- A Few New Tricks [Bronze] – Use 5 different Quickfire gadgets in one fight as Robin in Harley Quinn’s Revenge
- Party’s Over [Silver] – Destroy all Harley Balloons
Given that the developers have already created one other character, the lovely Catwoman, to be used in the singleplayer and that Robin is already a playable character in the challenge maps via DLC, the existence of a mini-campaign that allows you to play as the Boy Wonder does seem plausible. It also gives hopes for a future campaign in which Nightwing is a playable character.