Do you want to know if your PC can run the upcoming Tomb Raider? Of course you don’t! You want to be playing the damn thing! But since that’s not possible at the moment you might as well check out the specifications while you wait.
Crystal Dynamics have today revealed the specifics for the PC version of Tomb Raider. According to the holy press release:
• Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking,
achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
• Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
• Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
• Gamepad support.
• Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
• Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
• Higher quality shadows
• High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
• Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
• Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
• LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
• Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they
still support Windows XP.”
And then moving on to the minimum and recommended system requirements:
“Minimum system requirements for PC
• Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
o AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
Dual core CPU:
o AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
• 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
o AMD Radeon HD 4870
nVidia GTX 480
• Quad core CPU:
o AMD Phenom II X2 565
Intel Core i5-750
• 4GB Memory”