Amidst all of the major games due to be release at the end of this month and throughout March, it’s easy for smaller games to get buried. One such title is the upcoming History: Legends of War, a game set during World War II which promises turn-based strategic gameplay as you take on the role of General George Patton.
The game promises a streamlined control system designed for console gamers, as well as a manual targeting and aiming option.
Where things really get interesting, though, is that History: Legends of War will apparently have RPG elements that allow you to level up each unit, of which there are a total of 36, individually across the games 21-mission campaign.
The game’s developer’s, Slitherine , don’t exactly have a stellar track record, but they’re aiming high according to their press release: “Compared with strategy kings XCOM and Company of Heroes, HLOW brings a whole new level of depth and realism to the genre.” Hopefully they can pull it off.
Anyway, the press release lists the following features:
- 4 Operations, 21 missions, 44 battlefield maps & 36 different types of unit
- Varied mission types, including attack, infiltration, defence, escort and sabotage.
- Unique combination of 2 strategy game mechanics: high-level strategic management and turn-based tactics.
- 44 different battlefield maps consisting of 3 different environments: countryside, snow and cities.
- 36 different types of units: command infantry, armoured vehicles and aircrafts, special units (including snipers, elite forces and commandos) fighters and bombers.
- Go Head-to-Head with the Hotseat multiplayer mode.
Hopefully Slitherine can deliver to us a great little strategy title to help break up the stream of shooters due to hit us like a ton of bricks over the coming months.
History: Legends of War is due for release of March 8th on Playstation 3, Playstation Vita, Xbox 360 and PC.