Those mad people over at Ubisoft who created Far Cry 3, one of the best games of 2012, have just announced that they’ve released a new update for their open-world shooter! Rather than just fix some problems and all that stuff, Ubisoft opted to also use this update to introduce some splendid new features:
– Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again
– A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife
– Map Beta Test: Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
– Maps by author: Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author
– Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches
– The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
– A new mini-game called The Grid has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps.
So, that’ll be immediately resetting all the outposts, whacking it up to Master difficulty and using nothing but a bow and a knife, then. Not that I’ve actually gotten around to completing the game yet. I’m getting there. I swear.
Anyway, this update is out right now for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. So, go and download it. Go on. Get.