Warner Bros have today whipped the cover off of the Collector’s Edition of Batman: Arkham Origins, revealing a £79.99 package that contains a 30cm tall statue of Batman holding up the Joker and a host of other goodies for those willing to spend the cash.
Apart from the statue you can expect to find:
- 80-page, full-color hardcover artbook
- Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the eight assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
- 1st Appearance Batman Skin DLC
- Deathstroke Challenge Pack DLC – Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps and also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins
- Exclusive 3D Metal Pack
- The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
The disappointing news is that PC and Wii U owners are not getting a Collector’s Edition. However, PS3 users will also get a bonus Knightfall Skin.
While the debate rages on about Batman: Arkham Origins (I’m looking forward to it!) there’s no denying that this is a pretty sweet collector’s edition, and that statue looks superb! I’m much more supportive of editions like this when they include physical bonuses, rather than mostly pointless little snippets of DLC which could have just been given to everyone who bought the damn game.
As for the game I’ve enjoyed the previous two entries immensely, and although a new developer is at the helm they look to be paying very close attention to what makes Rocksteady’s effort’s so incredible. However, because of this they do also seem to be playing things very safe by altering little. I’ve also got some slight reservations about wanting to play as a Batman not in his prime. The multiplayer looks intriguing, but I’ll save my opinions on that until more information is available.
Batman: Arkham Origin’s Collector’s Edition will only be available via Amazon here in the UK. Warner Bros will announced US availability next week.