UPDATE: Major Nelson has released a post detailing everything we can expect in the August update for Xbox One:
- Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).
- Expanded Friends area on Home: Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore. We’re doing an extended preview on this, rolling it into the early access preview this month to a subset of our preview audience so we can refine it until it’s ready for the entire Xbox One market.
- Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.
- Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.
- Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.
- Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.
- OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for four new countries as part of this month’s Preview program. And now there is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings, Troubleshooting section.
- Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”
The preview for the upcoming August update to Xbox One isn’t scheduled to start for a few days, but one user is indicating that it has begun rolling out early. A picture sent into WPCentral by the aforementioned user gives us a glimpse of what to expect in the forthcoming update.
The big news is that if you purchase something for the Xbox One via Xbox.com or SmartGlass, your console will automatically wake up and download it for you. Obviously this only works if you’re willing to leave your console in sleep mode, though, and presumably it automatically turns itself once the download has been completed.
Another addition is a low battery indicator for the controller which will flash up on the screen, and a slight controller vibration when the Xbox button is held down long enough to activate something.
Other things are clearly listed above these three items, but no details on them have been forthcoming.
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on TRISKELE PRESS and commented:
Should we worry about XBox again? #Gaming