It seems that EA and Bioware are determined to try to make things up to their unhappy fans as they’ve just announced that owners of Mass Effect 3 will be getting a FREE DLC pack this April that adds in new maps, weapons and characters to the co-op mode. This announcement comes after just having announced that Mass Effect 3 will be getting an Extended Cut DLC pack in the Summer that will add in new cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes at no extra cost to gamers. This is a pleasant change from EA’s usual tactic of charging an absolute fortune for every little bit of DLC.
Titled the Resurgence pack, this free new DLC will be available to download on April 10th on Xbox 360, Origina and Playstation 3 in North America, with Europe getting it on April 11th. The new pack will include:
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Take the battle to Firebase Condor, a warzone outpost located on one of Palaven’s moons and Firebase Hydra, an old abandoned quarian colony which has since been converted into a critical power facility. Each map represents a crucial asset in the overall fight against the Reapers.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Assume the role of new characters for each class, including the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard and characters from new playable races with the Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator.
- Lethal New Weapons – Obliterate wave after wave of enemies by unlocking the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG.
- New Consumables – Cash in your credits to purchase reinforcement packs that could include the following new consumables:
- Strength Enhancer – Applies a melee damage boost for one mission
- Targeting VI – Applies a headshot damage bonus for one mission
- Stabilization Module – Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission
- Shield Power Cells – Shortens the length of time shields take to begin recharging for one mission.
To unlock all these new toys anc characters in multiplayer you will of course need to save up your hard-earned credits and purchase packs in the hope of getting lucky and snagging one of the new items.
Please do remember that to get this pack for free you will need an active Online Pass that comes free with new copies of the game, otherwise you’ll need to purchase an Online Pass to access the DLC.