Having already been accidentally leaked a few weeks back, EA have now officially announced the next piece of DLC for Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer, which will be absolutely free to download! Titled the Rebellion pack and releasing on May 29th in North America and May 30th in Europe, it’s adding in a fair chunk of content to Bioware’s multiplayer mode.
The new DLC pack will contain new characters, maps, weapons, objectives and even a new equipment slot. For the full details, here’s what the press release had to say about the contents:
Strengthen your forces and battle for new territories with the next downloadable content pack for Mass Effect™ 3 multiplayer! Available to download at no additional charge*, the Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack adds two brand-new maps, a new team objective and a new equipment slot to the game’s critically-acclaimed cooperative experience. The Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack will also introduce new unlockable characters, including the Vorcha, ex-Cerberus operatives and Male Quarians. Also available are all new weapons and items that can be obtained through reinforcement packs in the game’s multiplayer store.
The Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack will be available starting May 29 on XboxLIVE® and the Origin™ client software and on PlayStation® Network in North America on May 29 and in Europe on May 30.
The Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack includes the following content:
· Two New Action-Packed Maps – Land on Firebase Jade, located in a Salarian STG base on Sur’Kesh and fight to control Firebase Goddess on the Asari homeworld of Thessia.
· Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Level and promote six new unlockable characters, including the ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard, the Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel or the Male Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator.
· New In-Mission Objective – Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will demand that teams retrieve a high priority package and securely escort it to a designated extraction zone on each map.
· New Gear Slot – A new slot will be available on the equipment screen, offering players a persistent gameplay bonus that will not expire after the end of a match. These new items will vary from weapon upgrades to character enhancements and will be available through reinforcement packs.
· Lethal New Weapons – Eliminate the enemy with deadly new weapons, including the Cerberus Harrier, Krysae Sniper Rifle, and Reegar Carbine.
It’s pretty hard to complain about this when its free! But why is it called the Rebellion pack? I mean, what connection does this stuff have to the name? Or do these companies just randomly pick cool sounding words for each DLC pack and hope that nobody questions the logic?