In just a few short weeks the next entry in the most popular yet Internet-reviled FPS series is due to arrive, and thus Activision have released the official launch trailer.
I’ve played every Call of Duty title to date, and have enjoyed them all to one degree or another. Yet like most my enjoyment has not entirely managed to beat back the sense of fatigue. Black Ops II gave us a few changes which, while not always successful, showed the series could evolve. Ghosts was sadly a step backwards.
Still, Sledgehammer have had three years to work on this new title and it’s actually looking rather interesting. While most of the ideas shown previously and in this trailer are hardly new ideas, they could be enough to bring back some of the spark.
And hey, if nothing else, Kevin Spacey, people, Kevin Spacey.
Elsewhere Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s minimum system requirements have popped up on Steam. Keep in mind they may be subject to change:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI Radeon HD 5870 @ 1GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
The CPU and GPU requirements are unsurprisingly light. However the call for 6GB of Ram is surprising and mirrors last years Ghosts which, as it turns out, could run perfectly well at 4GB of Ram and subsequently had a patch released. The whopping 55GB HDD requirement is also a tad shocking. That’ll take a lot of downloading.